Board Member Overview
Joining the DOVIA Colorado Board
Top 7 Reasons to become a DOVIA Colorado Board Member:
Active DOVIA Board Members will ...
- Gain relevant leadership experience and skills
- Increase your professional network
- Participate with a creative, inspiring, and effective team of professionals
- Strengthen your resume and grow your professional aptitude
- Demonstrate your commitment to volunteerism and the field of volunteer management
- Build capacity for nonprofits, community and city agencies, and change-based programs
- Enrich communities, organizations, volunteers, and the volunteer management profession
1) Attend monthly board meetings ...
to provide feedback, ideas, and insight about DOVIA projects ... to approve and offer oversight about the direction, vision, and strategy of DOVIA
2) Engage as an advocate of DOVIA
... by supporting and participating in DOVIA trainings and activities as much as possible ... by promoting DOVIA to networks, members, and colleagues as necessary
3) Lead special projects
... as available and able, apply their skill set and specific interests to DOVIA work, i.e. graphic design, social media, fund development, new member recruitment, training etc.
... a three-year term and understand that this is a leadership position for the organization and the profession ... by replacing, training and mentoring at least one new board prior to your departure.
...at a level that is feasible for you. We like to show that 100% of our board donates to the organization, even if just $5 or $10.
To join the DOVIA Board ...
1) Submit a letter of interest to DOVIAColorado@gmail.com that outlines your reasons and intentions for wanting to join the DOVIA Board. The letter should also demonstrate your level of commitment and share the specific skills you might offer to the organization.
2) Provide a professional reference that can speak to your strengths, skills, and commitment.
3) Meet with a DOVIA Board Member or sub-committee to discuss your interest.
Write a similar letter of recommendation to nominate a colleague to the DOVIA Board.